Some people will argue that now is not the time to be putting funds into an endowment account that is designed as a savings or investment account that will grow to help your organization in the future. The economic crisis has forced many organizations to do all that they can to keep things going in the present. Endowment gifts usually come from planned gifts,which take very little time and effort. Opportunities are being missed that can build your future even as you focus on today.
Here are 3 reasons why you should continue to build your endowment,or start building one now:
1. Endowment giving provides alternatives for your loyal donors:
Longtime supporters who are struggling to maintain their charitable interests are can be convinced to consider including your organization in their estate plans. Give your donors an alternative option that does not cost them anything now.
2. Your prospect pool is right in front of you and prime for the conversation:
Now is the perfect time to inspire Boomers who are working with financial advisors to finalize their estate plans. Highlight those who have made planned gifts in your promotional materials.
3. If you’re not speaking with your donors,another organization will:
Large institutions are putting even greater efforts into promoting planned gifts. Their thinking can apply to smaller organizations as well.
Does your organization have a strategy to build the future now?
Latest posts by Sharon Rabb (see all)
- Is Generation C Really Connected? - May 14,2013
- Spring Fundraising Cleaning:Get the Dust Bunnies out of your Database - April 10,2013
- Questions to Ask for Evaluating and Reflecting on Community Work - February 13,2013