Now that summer is over, people are coming back together and looking for activities that will take advantage of the change in seasons. Take advantage of the beautiful fall days and create a unique fundraising event that will invigorate your community and inspire support for your program. Here are five fundraising events just suited for fall fun and community building. There are links to help you expand your ideas and get some coaching to make the event a success.
1. Leaf-peepers Hike: If you live near a large park or nature center in an area where the changing leaf colors inspire oohs and aahs of delight, consider planning an outing where families can enjoy the outdoors for the day. Invite or contract with a naturalist who will be able to point out and explain what people are seeing, be it migrating birds or fruiting foliage. You might also provide a photography workshop and ask people to submit their best pictures. Post some of these on your website. You can bus participants from a local location to a drop-off site and provide a boxed lunch. Require advanced registration.
2. Chili Cook-off: When cooler weather brings people indoors, chili is a warm offering. You can attract amateur and professional chefs. Charge a fee for those who want to enter their recipes and charge an admission fee for tasters. After a few years of running this event, you can add in a chili cookbook of winning recipes for sale.
3. Punkin Chunkin: Wait until after Halloween and you may be able to get all of the pumpkins you want from the fields of a local grower. You can build your own firing device or tag on as a beneficiary of a championship team.
4. Pet Parade and Dog Wash: Welcome Fido back into the house now that it’s colder, but not before he has a bath. Make sure your volunteer bathers are comfortable around dogs. This event has a number of additional moneymaking possibilities.
5. Cow Chip Bingo: This is great event for a rural area. All you need is an enclosed field and some white paint. Oh yes, you need a cow, too.
Does your organization offer a fall fundraiser that is unique?
Campaign Consultation, Inc.